If you are looking for a job or an employer, this Redlands Chamber Member benefit impacts you!
The Chamber has partnered with San Bernardino County to offer a program that connects Members, serving as partner employers who have job openings, with a variety of qualified job seekers.
Other benefits include:
- On-the-Job Training Funds/ Reimbursement wages
- Work Opportunity Tax Credit
- Free job advertisements
- In person/virtual meetings or webinars to review business resources
- Access to industry job fairs and workshops
- Screening resumes to match potential candidates for job postings, scheduling interviews
- 24-hour HR Hotline 877-282-3763
Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA)
- The WIOA program is design to help all job seekers including youth/students, veterans, people with disabilities, migrant, and seasonal farmers, Justice-Involved individuals, underemployed or unemployed, hard to place individuals, and even those with barriers getting back into the Workforce.
- This program provides range of no-cost employment and training services offered in partnership with State and local agencies and organizations through the America’s Job Center of CA (AJCC).
What does WIOA Provide?
- Services for Job Seekers
- Designed to help job seekers access employment, education, training, and supportive services to succeed in the labor market.
- Benefits for Businesses
- Job search, placement assistance, and success to labor market employment trends and statistics.
- It matches employers with skilled workers they need to compete in the global economy.
- Provides opportunity to upgrade specific skills through education and training.
What is On-the-Job Training?
Businesses qualify for 50% of wages reimbursement for new hires or employees who will be promoting needing additional training, if the job seeker has been WIOA approved and meet the following criteria:
- Receive training through meaningful work
- Are hire or promoted
- Earn a minimum of $15 per hour
- Work at least 32 hours per week
Also, businesses who hire individuals who are currently receiving EDD Unemployment Insurance Benefits because they have been laid off due to downsizing or business closure qualify for 90% of wage reimbursement if the job seeker has been WIOA approved and meet the same above criteria.
Work Opportunity Tax Credit
Under this program, an employer can receive a tax credit of up to $9,000 ($1,500 for summer youth) for each employee permanently hired for 6 months or more from an identified targeted group.
Benefits for Businesses
- Staff Recruitment
- Labor Market Information
- On-the-Job Training
- Training and Education
- Process Improvement Consulting
- Business Consulting
- Layoff Prevention
- Free Advertisement of Job Opportunities through CalJOBS
- Facilities Available for Recruitment
- Human Resources Hotline 1-877-282-3763
- Business Workshops
- Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC)
Even more reasons to join!
- Overall savings, minimum of 50% for up to 480 hours equivalent to 3 months netting businesses approximately $3,600 in savings.
- On-the-job-training allows business to save on the costs to hire and train new employees. During the training period, employees become more efficient, and the business receives a reimbursement for training New and in-Demand skills.
- Unlimited use free HR Hotline.
How do I join?
Step 1: We need to get your organization enrolled in CalJOBS. This is a one-time process, and will not be required every time you are looking to hire. We also have a dedicated specialist to assist you, but we need the following to get you qualified:
- Copy of the Business License
- Copy of the Business Accord 25 (Worker’s Compensation & Liability Certificate)
- Completed W9
- Vendor Direct Deposit Form
Step 2: Once enrolled and you’re ready to hire, we will need a job description, pay rate, and training plans for 3 months. If there are different shifts or requirements, such as special licenses or certificates needed, you will need to provide that as well. Whether you hire your own, or let us help find you an employee, the final decision is yours as to who you want to employ. The only requirement is that the Chamber needs to be involved before you have the new employee sign their offer. This program also applies to internal job promotions.
For more information,
please contact Mayra Espinoza
Find me a job!
The [Workforce Development] OJT program has been nothing short of amazing. From the moment we heard about the program, to the time we received our first “payroll reimbursement check”, the process could not have been easier. When I first saw the amount of steps I had to go through to get signed up, I thought, “Sounds great, probably won’t spend the time doing it.” I can honestly say, the process took me no more than 30 minutes to an hour. Eric Rivas, with the county of San Bernardino, handled everything and was very diligent in helping me. I could not be more excited to have found a program that looks out for small businesses instead of punishing them. the reality of a small business owner is that we need all of the help we can get and the OJT training program has been a huge help to Junk Dawgs.
Being part of several Chambers throughout the Inland Empire, I am able to see which organization truly cares about their community and which organization is there for their own agenda. It is a pleasure to be a part of the Redlands Chamber of Commerce. The opportunities as a business owner to network, connect, and learn are outstanding and have made a significant impact on our business. Evan and Mayra have gone above and beyond for our business and we will continue to go above and beyond for our community. Every time we meet and greet with our community and Chamber, we get the feeling that what we are doing is bigger than us; it is about community.
Join us Friday, February 10th
1214 Indiana Court, Redlands, CA 92374 | Building c
FREE REGISTRATION HERE: https://forms.gle/RxxUyeLnWoWUZqUC9
Contact the Chamber
Phone: (909) 793-2546
47 N. 1st St. Redlands, CA 92373