Purpose: Ambassadors are the backbone of the Chamber volunteer force. They act as the good will arm of the Redlands Chamber of Commerce, pursuing the committee’s goal of representing the organization as an emissary. As the Chamber’s most visible representatives in the community, Ambassadors have the responsibility to project a positive image for the organization. The committee also plays a heavy role in improving member retention through increased engagement with new members.
Commitment: Ambassadors, first and foremost, must be members in good standing. They are the hosts at many Chamber events and activities. They greet and introduce new members and guests to Chamber members, answer questions about membership and participation, and assist with registration/check-in and other activities as needed. Active attendance of committee meetings is mandatory as the list of new members to contact and welcome will be distributed in the meeting. Committee meetings are the second Thursday of each month at 8:00am. The location will be determined by the committee chair and ambassadors will be notified of meeting locations one week in advance.
Active Ambassadors will:
- Attend monthly committee meetings
- Attend, and represent the Chamber, at ribbon cuttings and grand openings
- Conduct goodwill with new members.
- After a month, reach out to your assigned new member(s) and welcome them and check-in.
- 90 days before their renewal, also be sure to check-in and remind them to take advantage of benefits, attend events, etc. (you will not ask them to renew- the Chamber staff will handle that at the appropriate time)
- Contacting and staying in touch with new members through the first year of membership (mentoring and helping them feel welcome)
- Promoting only Chamber benefits and resources. Find out why they joined the Chamber and assist them in reaching that goal.
- Attend at least one Rise N’ Shine with a new member
- Attend and participate in other Chamber events and programs when possible (such as Young Professionals Network programs, volunteering to help with events, attending a business to business program)
- Serve as greeter/usher at the Installation and Awards Dinner and the State of the City Luncheon
- Opportunity for high-visibility networking
- Recognition at various Chamber functions
- Opportunity for consideration as a member of the Board of Directors
- Eligibility to win Ambassador of the Year Award (which comes with a free renewal membership for your following year)