REDLANDS BUSINESS DATA
The following information is presented to facilitate business location decisions. Although all information provided has been obtained from sources deemed reliable, there are no guarantees with regards to the warranty or representation about it. It is your responsibility to independently confirm its accuracy and completeness.
Redlands, CA – Elevation, 1318 feet, 34 Degrees North Latitude, 117 Degrees West Longitude. City Hall Web Site: www.cityofredlands.org
- Area 37 Square Miles
- Population 70,324
- Median Income $63,997.00
- County San Bernardino
- County Population 1,963,535
Redlands has a Council/Manager style of government that can be reached by phone at: (909) 798-7510. The Development Services Director can be reached at: (909) 798-7555 or the Economic Development Manager can be reached at (909) 335-4755 ext 1. The Redlands Chamber of Commerce can be reached by phone at: (909) 793-2546 and on the web at: www.redlandschamber.org.
Other Redlands information packed web sites are: www.esri.com, www.redlandsweb.com, www.aboutredlands.com,: and www.redlands.edu
Strong Speed of Access & Airline Choice Advantage, Go to: www.mapquest.com, (enter address; 1 Redlands Boulevard, Redlands, CA 92373 for various radius/aerial maps of the area and region).
- I-10 Los Angeles – Distance 63 miles
- I-10 Phoenix – Distance 338 miles
- I-15 Las Vegas – Distance 225 miles
- SR-91 Orange County – Distance 55 miles
- I-215, I-15 San Diego – Distance 110 miles
The nearest rail freight switching yards are ten miles away in San Bernardino, CA and 12 miles away in Colton, CA. Both are next to I-10. Local rail carriers are Union Pacific and Burlington Northern Santa Fe. The nearest passenger rail service is Metrolink in San Bernardino, CA. (213) 347-2800, www.metrolinktrains.com.
Bus Service – Omnitrans, 1-800-966-6428, www.omnitrans.org.
Local Redlands Municipal Airport data can be found at: www.ci.redlands.ca. under Quality of Life (909) 798-7655.
San Bernardino International Airport and airport redevelopment data, (formerly Norton Air Force Base) data can be found at: www.sbdairport.com. (909) 382-4100.
All carrier and flight information on the areas airline hub of Ontario International Airport can be found at: www.lawa.org. Ontario International Airport is 25 miles from Redlands, CA on I-10. ONT’s more than 220 daily flights provide service to every major city in the U.S.
Reliable, economic supply combine with world class conservation, recycling and innovation.
- Power – Southern California Edison: www.edison.com, 1-800-655-4555
- Gas – The Gas Company of Southern California: www.socalgas.com, 1-800-427-2200
- Telephone – Verizon: www.verizon.com, 1-800-483-4000 and
- Direct TV 1-877-423-3403 www.direct-deals.com/bundles
- Cable – Time Warner www.TimeWarnerCable.com 1-888-892-2253
- Direct TV 1-877-423-3403 www.direct-deals.com/bundles
- Verizon FIOS 1-877-602-2394 http://fios.verizon.com/fios-streaming.html
- Water – City of Redlands: www.ci.redlands.ca.us, (909) 798-7516
- Wastewater – City of Redlands: www.ci.redlands.ca.us, (909) 798-7516
- Solid Waste – City of Redlands: www.ci.redlands.ca.us, (909) 798- 7529
State Sales Tax: 7%
County Sales Tax: 0.3/4%
City Sales Tax: 1%
Total Sales Tax: 8.3/4%
Excellence in standards!
- K – 12 Redlands Unified School District, (909) 307-5300: www.redlands.k12.ca.us/.
- University of Redlands – Founded in 1907, this private university has a 140-acre campus with approximately 2,200 full time and 2,000 working undergraduate and graduate students in the areas of Arts, Sciences, Education & Business. (909) 793-2121, www.redlands.edu.
- Loma Linda University – Located ten minutes from Redlands, this Seventh-day Adventist health-sciences learning and research institution has an enrollment of approximately 3,000 undergraduate, graduate & doctoral students in 55 medical related fields. (909) 558-1000, www.llu.edu.
- California State University San Bernardino – Located 20 minutes from Redlands, this state university was established in 1965 and presently has 16,000 students enrolled in 50 traditional baccalaureate and master’s degree programs. CSUSB also has a nationally accredited executive MBA program. (909) 880-5002, www.csusb.edu.
In addition, there is a tremendous choice of private K-12 schools, technical, and 2-year institutions to choose from within a 15-mile radius around Redlands.
Competitive Advantage in the areas of Financial Services, Software Publishing, Education, Health Care, Medical Research, Construction, Distribution/Warehousing and Non-Profit Organizations.
Labor market, job classification wage and labor information is available at www.labormarketinfo.edd.ca.gov
Top Redlands & Surrounding Employers:
- Environmental Systems Research Institute, Inc. (ESRI) – 1,900 Employees – GIS Software
Publishing – www.esri.com
- Redlands Unified School District – 1,843 Employees – K-12 Education –www.redlands.k12.ca.us
- Redlands Community Hospital – 1,250 Employees – Health Care – www.redlandshospital.com
- US Postal Service – 1,400 Employees – Mail Processing – www.usps.com
- University of Redlands – 547 Employees – Education –www.redlands.edu
- La-Z-Boy West – 391 Employees – Furniture Mfg. –www.lazyboy.com
- Verizon – 1,240 Employees – Telecommunications –www.verizon.com
- Wal-Mart – 420 Employees – Retail – www.walmart.com
- Loma Linda University & Medical Center – 11,582 Employees – Education/Health Care – www.llu.edu
- Jerry L. Pettis Memorial VA Hosp. – 1,660 Employees – Veteran Health Care – www.lomalinda.va.gov
In addition to the above core businesses, there is industry growth and synergy in financial services with over 14 national, regional and local banks and credit unions, non-profit organizations with over 120 religious and secular organizations, construction in the commercial, residential & remodeling segments, retail, tourism, medical research and distribution/warehousing.
Ample open space, strong value appreciation.
With approximately 2,400 acres of city land zoned for light and heavy industries, the city of Redlands is constantly evaluating usage proposals and welcomes all inquiries at its Development Department, (909) 335-4755, www.ci.redlands.ca.us,
Contact the City of Redlands, Municipal Utilities and Engineering Department, (909) 798-7655, for impact fee formulas and project specific impact fees on; sewer capital improvement, water source acquisition, water capital improvement and solid waste capital improvement.
Redlands General Information
A great place to live, work & play
Incorporated in 1888, Redlands is a family oriented community dedicated to sustaining an environment that enables all residents the opportunity grow, succeed and thrive. Citizen involvement in the community is the foundation that makes the quality of life in Redlands so uniquely rich.
The climate in Redlands is very mild with average rainfall of 13.5 inches and average high/low temperatures in the winter of 67/40 degrees Fahrenheit and 92/59 in the summer. Prevailing wind speed averages 7 mph from the southwest.
Median annual household income is $63,997.00, the median age is 35.3 years and over 86% of all adults are graduates from high school and over 35% are college graduates.
Parks and recreation are important assets to the City of Redlands with 14 parks covering over 140 acres. Another 160 acres are either currently in development or reserved for future development. From children to adults, Redlands offers a wide variety of education and sports programs. Go to www.ci.redlands.ca.us and click on Quality of Life, Parks for complete information.
In addition to the local hospitals listed in the Labor/Employment section, Redlands is home to ten convalescent hospitals, the Loma Linda Behavioral Medicine Center, www.llu.edu/llumc/, click on “Quick links to services/departments” and click on: “Behavioral Medicine Center”, the Beaver Medical Group, www.beavermedgrp.com , Kaiser Permanent, www.kaiserpermanente.org and a large choice of dental, therapeutic and medical specialists.
Police and Fire Department information can be found on the Redlands city web site at: www.ci.redlands.ca.us. Emergency paramedic services are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year from all city fire departments.
Redlands has an excellent choice of local retail and dining selections. Listings can be found at www.redlandschamber.org, www.redlandsweb.com and www.aboutredlands.com,
Activities in Redlands are constant and rich in content. From parades to a nationally recognized bicycle classic, www.redlandsclassic.com, to a world-class symphony, www.redlandssymphony.com the city’s cultural events, historical landmarks and museums are a regional attraction.
The spirit of community, the history, and culture all help make Redlands a great place to live, work and play.